Remember that due to time constraints there are only so many interview questions that can be asked, so be prepared for them and think carefully about how you may answer, some of these are quite challenging. Here is a list of some interview questions to get you thinking – try getting a friend to ask you these questions and see what they think of your replies.
What kind of person are you?
Tell me about yourself.
Rate yourself on a scale to of one to ten – be prepared to qualify your answer!
What kind of things do you worry about?
What is the most difficult situation you have faced?
What have you done that shows initiative?
What are some things that bother you?
What are your pet hates?
Gaining understanding of your skills and background
- Which of the jobs you have held have you least liked?
- What have you done that showed initiative and willingness to work?
- Can you take instructions?
- Have you ever had difficulty getting along with others?
- In what areas do you feel you superiors could have done abetter job?
- What are some of the things your superior did that you disliked?
- How well do you feel your superior rated your job performance?
- How did your superiors get the best out of you?
- What did you like or dislike about your last company/job?
- How do you feel about your progress to date?
- Have you done the best work you are capable of doing?
- What qualities do you have that will make you successful with this company?
- What are the reasons for your success in a sales environment?
- What is your energy level like?
- Describe a typical day.
- Describe a difficult problem you’ve had to deal with.
- How do you organise and plan major projects?
- How many hours a week do you find necessary to work to get your job done?
- Why do you think you would like this type of role?
- What kind of experience can you offer this company and job?
- What personal characteristics are necessary for success in your field?
- What interests you most about the job?
- What are your biggest accomplishments?
- What do you know about the company?
Strengths and Qualities
What is your greatest strength?
What are your outstanding qualities?
What is your greatest weakness?
What do you think determines progress in a good company?
What aspects of your job do you consider most crucial?
Are you willing to go anywhere the company sends you?
How long would it take you to make a contribution to our
What would you like to be doing 5 years from now?
How long would you stay with the company?
What are you looking for in your next job?
What can you do for us that someone else cannot do?
Why should I hire you?
What would your references say?
How long have you been looking for another position?
How does this job compare to others you have applied for?
More difficult still!
Do you consider yourself a natural leader or born follower?
How have you benefited from your disappointments?
What do you do when you have a decision to make and no
That was an excellent answer. Now to give me a balanced
view, can you give me an example that didn’t work?
Tell me about an event that really challenged you. How did
you meet the challenge? In what way was your approach
different from others?
Have you ever been fired?
Why were you fired?
Have you ever been asked to resign?
Were you ever dismissed from your job for a reason that
Do you have any questions?
This is not an exhaustive list so be prepared, and most importantly be yourself