Group IT Manager
Group IT Manager
£50,000 to £55,000 plus benefits package
Our client is a large and very successful company involved in the production and supply of a diverse range of high quality products for a variety of sectors throughout the UK. The business has a strong brand and due to it’s continued expansion, the Directors now wish to recruit a Group IT Manager to run it’s IT resource, covering multiple sites and facilities. Having previously used an outsourced provider for their IT resource, they are now looking to bring this service in-house and recruit a talented IT professional who can deliver their strategic goals in this area.
The role will offer a blank canvas and allow the successful individual to act as a bridge between all technologies and suppliers across the various sites, allowing the service to evolve with the needs of the business. Initial challenges will include:
- Overseeing the implementation of a group wide IT strategy, following best practice and leveraging the use of IT to drive innovation, reduce costs and increase profitability.
- Commencement of an internal customer service, providing a pro-active level of support which will deliver quicker response times; cost effective solutions and same day on-site support in person to a team of 80+ users.
Some of the key facets of this new service will include:
- Managing relationships with suppliers
- Develop and manage a group-wide consistent hardware and software licensing policy
- Manage a full asset and software register
- Mobile asset support for tablets and mobile devices
- Advising on GDPR compliance
- Software auditing
- Backup monitoring
- Liaising with all relevant third parties to ensure minimal disruption to usage on changes
- Take the lead on all technical discussions with non-technical staff
In order to be successful in the role, as well as having proven success to date in IT strategy and management incorporating best practice, within a sizeable SME or corporate business, preferably within manufacturing or logistics sectors, it’s imperative that you are able to adopt a true hands on approach across the business, with technical experience needed in the following areas :
- Experience of managing Windows Domains and Active Directory
- Experience with Office 365
- Knowledge of IP networks and related WAN/LAN technologies including but not limited to TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, Firewalls
- Network Security Concepts
- Experience of Backup technologies including but not limited to Veeam
- Previous experience with VOIP technologies.
Additionally, you will need to be/possess the following:
- Able to work shoulder to shoulder with all levels of the business including departmental and business heads
- Well developed communications skills
- Highly self motivated
- Dynamic, proactive personality
- Internal customer relationship management focus
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Desire to join a successful business environment where you can add real value to the future development of the company’s internal IT resource
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a long standing and successful family company with ambitious plans for the future.
For more information or to apply please contact email@example.com